Destination Manali Shopping & Attractions
In the contemporary times, tourism in Manali is on peak. Nature lovers from different parts of the country flock here to view the beautiful temples & historic places of the city. The reservoir of places to see in Manali is very large.
When in Manali, buying traditional Himachali souvenirs are a must for every traveller.
- The Mall Road: The finest place to go shopping in Manali is the Mall, where you will find traditional handmade shawls, rugs, caps and footwear. Additional places around the Mall where you will find fascinating items to shop are Thai market, Hong Kong market, Tibetan market, Dragon shopping complex and much more. The Old Manali marketplace is also a good place to buy fresh fruit jams, juices and pickles. Don’t overlook to bargain as storekeepers here quote a tremendously high price. The estimate distance of travel from the hotel is 1 km.
Explore Attractions & Activities
For the convenience and joyfulness of our respected guests staying at Sun Park Resort Manali, we have carefully crafted the beautiful Manali attractions to a 3-day exploration tour in Manali.
If you decide to book with us then you will surely receive a pleasure of seeing all of the following beautiful attractions in a beautiful way.
Day 1 Sightseeing Tour:
Tour Name: Local Sightseeing
Ideal Departure Time from Hotel: 01:00 PM or 3:00 PM
Estimated Time of Tour Length: 3 to 4 Hours
Tour en-route details:
- Hadimba Temple: Built in 1553 A.D with a four-tiered pagoda shaped roof and a front doorway, superbly crafted and carved with figures & symbols. The temple is dedicated to Hadimba Devi, wife of Bhima and Pandva and is situated amidst the lush green and thick whispering forests of Dhungri.
- Tibetan Monasteries: One can have a closer look on Tibetan Art and Culture besides having a feel of Buddhism.
- Club House: The club house of Himchal Tourism with its comprehensive facilities that includes a roller skating ring, an auditorium, a billiard room, a library, a bar and restaurant, make a wonderful place for outing and recreation. Here one can also enjoy River crossing adventurous activity.
- Vashisht Rishi Temple & Hot Water Spring: Across the Beas River about 3.2 km away from the town central, at an altitude of 1982 meters (6200 ft) and just above the famous Manali Keylong – Leh highway is located this ancient Vashist Rishi Temple & Hot Water Spring endowed with great heeling power.
- Van – Bihar: This is a fun park & enjoy paddle Boating. It is surrounded by tall Deodar Trees.
Day 2 Sightseeing Tour:
Tour Name: Rohtang La & Solang Valley
Ideal Departure Time from Hotel: 04:00 AM to 8:00 AM
Estimated Time of Tour Length: 8 to 12 Hours
Tour en-route details:
- Nehru Kund: A spring of clear water named after the Late Prime Minister Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru who used this water during his stay at Manali of just 6 km from central Manali on the Manali – Keylong – Leh Highway.
- Kothi: Kothi is quite but picturesque spot at the foot of the 13,400 ft. It is just 15 kms away from the mighty Rohtang Pass.
- Gulaba Camp: A scenic spot rich in herbal plants & flowers. Its beauty is to be seen to be believed.
- Rahala Fall: About 27 km from central Manali, at the start of climb to the Rohtang Pass is this beautiful waterfall called as Rahala Fall. At an altitude of 2501 m ( 8500 ft) it is mother natures excellent creation.
- Marhi: Marhi is the last stop on way to mighty Rohtang Pass, located on a green terrace, is an ideal place to relax and enjoy nature. A picnic spot, par excellence. Ever smiling hotels, most of Tibetan origin are there to welcome you with open arms, offering food, drinks and snacks 24 hours service.
- Rani Nala: 46 Km from central Manali. It is a glacier point. It is a paradise for snow lovers as snow is available during the whole year at this wonderful destination.
- The Famous & Beautiful Rohtang La: Situated about 51 Km from Manali at an altitude of 4,111 meters (13,400 ft) is this famous destination called Rohtang Pass. Here one sees the majesty of the rock-hard mountains and its fresh air and breathtaking scenery. At the top of the pass the air seems to glitter against the snow. As you look down over herring boned ridges in to the Lahoul Valley, one gets awe struck and can’t help thinking of this Gods beautiful creation. There is a beautiful lake left of the Rohtang Pass named Dashour Lake where pilgrims go every year to take a holiday on this auspicious day of Bhadoon 20th. The pass remains open from May to October each year although trekker’s can cross the pass bit earlier.
- Solang Valley: Travel 13 Km from Manali to experience a lovely picnic place at Solang Valley with meadows surrounded by silver oaks, spurs and fabulous views of glaciers and mountains. The location offers adventure activities with a Ski slope (during winters) , Zorbing , Paragliding , Mountain Biking and Horse riding. There is a beautiful hike to Anjani Mahadev waterfall from Solang Valley where it would be quieter and more scenic .You can Take a heavenly ride in the Gondola lift to Mt. Phatru at an elevation of 10,400 feet. and enchanting its breathtaking views is definitely a once in a life time experience. There is a Cafe at the top as well as the main meadow apart from multiple street-food vendors.
Day 3 Sightseeing Tour:
Tour Name: Naggar & Manikaran Tour
Ideal Departure Time from Hotel: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Estimated Time of Tour Length: 6 to 10 Hours
Tour en-route details:
- Vaishno Devi Temple: This temple is a small cave with a shrine of an image of goddess Vaishno Devi. Other temples are dedicated to Lord Shiva, Rama and Krishna.
- Angora Rabbit Farm: This place is 8 Km from Kullu where the different varieties of Angora Rabbits exist. Angora Shawls are also available here at very reasonable rate.s
- Shamshi Industrial Area: Shamshi is an Industrial area of Kullu. Hand woven shawls and other handicrafts like wall hangings, traditional local caps, mufflers, jackets can be purchased here.
- Famous Manikaran: Manikaran is famous for its hot water springs and is situated on the bank of the river Parvati. The water is so hot that Dal, Rice etc can be cooked in it very easily. It is a well know Pilgrimage place on account of ancient Hindu Temple & Gurudwara. According to a legend, Manikaran is also associated with Lord Shiva and divine consort Parvati who lost and recovered her earrings here.
- Naggar Castle & Art Gallery: A unique medieval structure, Naggar Castle is very popular tourist spot located close to Manali in Naggar town. Built around 1460 AD, by Raja Sidh Singh of Kullu, the castle has a unique architectural blend of western and Himalayan style. The castle is scenically located near the Beas river and offers panoramic views of the surroundings. Nearby the castle is Reorich gallery that displays the paintings of the famous Russian painter, Nicholas Reorich. The museum displays a private collection of paintings of the Russian painter Nikolai Reorich, who lived here and died in the year 1947. The ground floor of the gallery is dedicated to the paintings of Kullu, Spiti and Lahaul by the painter. Please note that this gallery remains closed on Monday .
- White River Rafting Activity: This is an exciting trip called River rafting. It is a water rafting trip which travels down either a 7 km stretch or 14 kms stretch of river between Pirdi and Jhidi. There is an unmatched thrill of shooting down the rapids.
- Day 1 mentioned above is the date of arrival. If the guest is arriving in the afternoon or evening then this day is for leisure, therefore replacing day 4 and rest of the itinerary continues in the same order.
- Rohtang Pass tour is on Day 2, but please note Rohtang Pass is closed on Tuesdays, therefore if your day 2 is Tuesday then it will not be Rohtang Tour instead you may choose Manikaran & Naggar Tour.
- Departure time mentioned is ideal and best suited for the itinerary.
- Temperature in Rohtang Pass is very low so take your woolens with you even in summers.
- If you wish to do River Rafting, do note to carry your towels, extra clothes and slippers.
- Lastly, please keep Manali clean and put down your garbage and polythene in dustbins only.